jueves, 24 de diciembre de 2015

Waves


I have really been avoiding stopping by my blog, not because I don't love it but because I feel like I am not in a great place where I can be a good positive example for others but here I am.

Two days ago I was talking with a good friend and I was asking how would you do things if you were in my position? How would you handle things? The answer left me thinking so much and with an amazing warm feeling of gratitude and love ...The answer was, I would always recognize and know that Jesus loves me, that he is real, I would try to get up each day and survive that one single day, trying to live life, to smile but allowing myself to mourn and miss and cry but most important I would be doing exactly what you are doing Leyla. Just the same .

That conversation made me realize that I have been too hard on myself, that it's okay to not be in a perfect place, that it's okay to not have many "good things " to share as long as I am trying, as long as I am allowing myself to be sad or happy, to laugh and cry, that it's okay to be where I am right now. It's not that I am unbelievably depress or always down, but I recognize that I am not the same person that I used to be before, I recognize that I cry more than I was used to, that I am vulnerable more than I would like, that I am experiencing new feelings that I never had before and especially that all of this its "okay" to have.

The other day I was reading an article that my friend sent me where they were talking about grief. Let me tell you, what an incredibly strong thing this grieving process is. They were saying that it's like waves. It comes and it hits you out of no where and then you loose it and then you cry and then it goes away. At the beginning those waves come so often and so hard so in expectable and so in your face, after few weeks they start coming more apart from each other, still in in expectable still hard but not as often as the first days, after some months they still coming in in expectable ways and the are still hard but you won't see them come as often . And guess what, after years they will still come and they will still hurt and they will never stop coming, those waves are always going to be in your life after loosing someone, those waves are never going to go away because grieving never ends, because loosing someone it's not something that you can move on from. Because loosing someone is something that marked your heart and that will never ever go away no matter what.

It has been so hard to admit and realize that those waves are going to slap me in the face when I least expect them. Sometimes it's a song, sometimes it's food, sometimes it's someone's comment, a smell, a place, and I can go on and on. It's not like I am sad all day long but when they come they catch me by surprise and I have to admit that it's really hard .

Lately I have been feeling like I'm in a better place ( or want to be). I have been grabbing on to positive loving people in my life that Heavenly Father has been sending me, that have help me to enjoy and laugh and smile and cry . I have been able to be a little bit more like me, the dancing Leyla, the singing Leyla, the cleaning Leyla and of course the crying Leyla and I am so grateful for the joy that I have been able to feel in the middle of the storm.

I have been willing to let myself enjoy life and have fun whenever I can. I have been opening my heart more to Heavenly Father's words. I have been truly trying to live life even when those waves slap me sometimes harder and harder.

Today, Christmas Eve, all these memories are hitting me like a tsunami, and I am okay with it, it's okay to feel Iike you are drowning as soon as you have your life jacket on. I miss Andy so so much, he was the love of my life, I will never ever be able to love someone like I loved him, I will never be able to pass one Christmas without feeling empty or like something is missing. He made Christmas so special, he was so amazing at surprising me on Christmas, his presents were always the best presents, not because they were expensive but because he put so much love, time and dedication on them. He used to wake up super early and made sure Santa's cookies were ready, that presents were ready, made baby Jesus breakfast for the kids, did the dishes so I didn't have to do anything that day, helped the kids putting toys together, he was In Charge of the music, the food, he truly was Christmas, and Christmas without Andy is not Christmas. But life is still going and my kids are kids and the world keeps moving and I have to honor him this Christmas and know that it's okay to not being okay.

I am so grateful for the love that I have been feeling lately, I am unbelievable grateful for friends and family and the support and comfort that I have been feeling but more specifically grateful for the knowledge that there is someone there that knows me, that understands my pain, that is holding me when I am trying to hold onto Him. He was born to save me. He was born and had to start all  over just like me. What a wonderful present I have, what a blessing it is to know that Jesus was born and that He truly knows how I feel when those waves are getting close to me, that he is using his power to send me his messages on daily basis, that he has a plan for me even when I can't understand it and that he is right next to me when I am drowning because that's when he reaches out and pulls me out telling me it's okay to not be okay. 


I miss you Andy, I think of you every day, I wish I could hug you and kiss you and tell you how much I need you, but I know we will have tons of Christmas to celebrate together, merry first Christmas in Heaven mi Vida! I will forever love you! 

Today I ask you to please pray for those spending this holiday in a hospital room, for those caregivers and their families that they can feel our love and prayers. I wish you all a peaceful day full of love
Feliz Navidad 
Leyla

 "You know I miss you and always will, but don't shed a tear. I'll be spending Christmas with Jesus this year". Unknown ❤️❤️

-------------------------eapañol------------------
He pensado seriamente en cerrar mi blog, por que siento que no estoy en un ligar donde pueda ser un buen ejemplo positivo a los demás,  pero aquí estoy.

Ayer estuve hablando con un buen amigo y me preguntaba ¿cómo harias las cosas si estuvieras en mi lugar? La respuesta me dejó pensando mucho y con una increíble sensación  de l gratitud y el amor ... La respuesta fue, yo siempre lo reconozco y sé que Jesús me ama, que es real, estaría tratando de levantarme cada día y sobrevivir  un solo día, tratando de vivir la vida, de sonreír, pero dejandome  mañana tal vez llorar, pero más importante que estaría haciendo exactamente lo que está haciendo Leyla. Justo lo mismo .

Esa conversación me hizo darme cuenta de que he sido demasiado duro conmigo mismo, que está bien no estar en un lugar perfecto, que está bien no tiener hoy demasiadas "cosas buenas" para compartir el tiempo que estoy  triste o feliz, reír y llorar, que está bien para estar donde estoy ahora. No es que yo este siempre triste o siempre hacia abajo, pero reconozco que no soy la misma persona que solía ser antes, reconozco que lloro más de lo que estaba acostumbrada, que soy vulnerable más de lo que quisiera, que estoy experimentando nuevas sensaciones que nunca tuve antes y especialmente que todo esto su "bien" lo tiene.

El otro día estaba leyendo un artículo que mi amigo me envió donde hablaban de dolor. Déjame que te cuente, jugadon y fuerte es esta cosa de duelo. Estaban diciendo que es como las olas. Viene y te golpea de la nada y luego lo pierdes y luego lloras y luego se va. Al principio esas olas vienen tan a menudo y tan duro e inesperadas y así en tu cara, después de unas semanas se empiezan a llegar más alejados unos de otros, todavía en inesperadas, siendo difícil, pero no tan a menudo como los primeros días, después de algunos meses, sigue viniendo en forma inesperada y todavía son difíciles pero no verlas venir tan a menudo. Y adivinen qué, después de años que todavía vendrán y que todavía le hará daño y que nunca dejarán de venir, esas olas siempre van a estar en su vida después de perder a alguien, esas olas nunca van a desaparecer a causa del duelo,  nunca termina, porque perder a alguien que no es algo que se puede pasar por alto. Porque perder a alguien que es algo que marcó su corazón y que nunca jamás desaparecerá, no importa lo que pase.

Ha sido tan difícil de admitir y se dan cuenta que esas olas me van a dar una  en la cara cuando yo menos esperaba de ellos. A veces es una canción, a veces es la comida, a veces es el comentario de alguien, un olor, un lugar. No es como estoy triste todo el día, pero cuando vienen me llegar por sorpresa y tengo que admitir que es muy difícil.



Últimamente me he sentido en un lugar mejor. He estado agarrando desde personas amadas, la personas positivas en mi vida que el Padre Celestial me ha estado enviando, que me ayudan para disfrutar y reír y sonreír y llorar. He sido capaz de ser un poco más como yo, la Leyla bailando, la Leyla cantando, la Leyla que limpia y por supuesto la Leyla que llora  y estoy muy agradecido por la alegría que he sido capaz de sentir en el medio de la tormenta

He estado dispuesto a dejarme disfrutar de la vida y divertirme cada vez que puedo. He estado abriendo mi corazón. He estado realmente tratando de vivir la vida, incluso cuando esas ondas me abofetean cada vez  más y más difícil.

Hoy en día, la víspera de Navidad, todos estos recuerdos se me golpeaba como un tsunami, y estoy de acuerdo con esto, es normal sentirse que estás ahogando aunque tengas tu chaleco salvavidas puesto. Echo de menos a Andy muchísimo, él era el amor de mi vida, yo nunca ser capaz de amar a alguien como yo lo amé, nunca voy a ser capaz de pasar una Navidad sin sentir vacío o como algo que falta. Navidad era tan especial, era tan increíble siempre sorprendiéndome en Navidad, sus regalos eran siempre los mejores regalos, no porque eran caros, pero porque él puso mucho amor, tiempo y dedicación a ellos. Solía despertarse muy temprano e hizo las galletas , , hizo el Niño Jesús el desayuno para los niños, lo hicieron los platos, así que no tengo que hacer nada ese día, ayudó a los juguetes de los niños poniendo juntos, Estuvo a cargo de la música, la comida, que realmente era Navidad, y la Navidad sin Andy no es Navidad. Pero la vida sigue pasando y mis hijos son niños y el mundo sigue moviéndose y tengo que honrarlo esta Navidad y sabiendo que está bien no estar oaky

Estoy muy agradecido por el amor que  he estado sintiendo últimamente, estoy increíble agradecido por los amigos y la familia y el apoyo y la comodidad que he estado sintiendo, pero más especialmente agradecidos por el conocimiento de que hay alguien que me conoce, que comprende mi dolor, que me sostiene cuando estoy tratando de vivir con él, y haya nacido para salvarme. ¡Qué maravilloso regalo que tenemos, qué bendición es saber que Jesús nació y que él realmente sabe cómo me siento cuando esas olas me están ahogando porque es cuando se extiende la mano y me dice que está bien no estar bien .

Te echo de menos a Andy, que pienso en ti todos los días, me gustaría poder abrazarte y besarte y decirte lo mucho que te necesito, pero sé que vamos a tener un montón de Navidad en el cielo. Merry primeros Crhistmas en el cielo mi Vida

Les deseo a todos un día tranquilo lleno de amor
Feliz Navidsd


2 comentarios:

  1. Leyla, I can relate to you in many ways. We live in Mesa and my husband is dying of brain cancer and we have 5 little children. It's been hard and I have already felt these waves that you have described. It's very encouraging to see that you are doing okay and are trying to be positive. Thank you for your post.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar